A few nights ago I watched Harry Potter 5 till about 3 in the morning and still got something out of it. I realized that it had some great info. and quotes in it. Rupert Grint or Ronald Weasley, has a great one at the beginning of the movie when Proffesor Umbridge gives her little speech. After she finishes, Ron says, "What a load of waffles." And I totally agreed with him cuz I had no idea what she had just said. Like sometimes, we just need things broken down for us, so we can understand them without getting a huge headache, because of the extremely, oversized vocabulary someone uses. So now thats my new favorite little line that I say whenever.
And then towards the end of the movie there's actually a quote that means something and I really liked it. Dumbledore said, "The time is come and we will have to choose between what is right, and what is easy."
Sometime towards the end of the school year, me and some friends started making quote-of-the-days. And we'd pick a new quote everyday. I remember one of the first ones was "You can't underestimate the importance of body language." -Ursala the evil sea-witch from The Little Mermaid, which we watched for seminary one morning for one of my friends, Rhianna's devotional. Actually I think that was the first so thanks to Rhianna me and my friends came up with quotes every day to live by or something.
But then the last full-day of school came and we decided we'd have a quote of the year. So we chose Dumbledore's. Well Actually Albus Percival Wolfric Bryan Dumbledore's. And so now I try and live by that quote everyday. It is my over-all favorite quote from a non-general authority =) Harry Potter I would have to say is one of the best books ever written and best movies ever made and it has great insight concealed in it. "The time is come and we will have to choose inbetween what is right, and what is easy."
Cuddling an 18 Year Old
11 years ago
2 comments:
I like your quotes. I also like the "what is right and what is easy" quote.
I also like his quote, "It is our choices, Harry, that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities."
And I like this quote too, "There are all kinds of courage. It takes a great deal of courage to stand up to our enemies, but just as much to stand up to our friends."
And I would also add, "It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live." which I think applies to more than just dreams, it also applies to sleeping too much, too much time playing video games, too much time devoted to anything takes us away from the important act of living in the moment.
Austin, you rock!
I Love those quotes. I also love the ones your Mom Posted. Harry Potter is great. Michael loves the books and we have watched the first 3? movies I think. Reminds me we should watch the next. Maybe tomorrow night. (the girls are scaredy cats, so we put them to bed and stay up late watching.)
Sounds like you have cool friends.
Post a Comment