Last night was the beginning of a new tradition. Our ward's youth, well some of us young men to be particular, had a airsoft war till 11:30 last night. It was just an hour long and it was a 3 on 3 battle kinda... well actually me and my friend Spencer made a peace treaty at the beginning and then we ambushed my little brother and other friend Tyler! So they ended up teaming up and then the bishop's sons showed up and they were on a team. So really it was 2 vs. 2 vs. 2.
It was pretty sweet though. I got shot in the head once or twice, and now have a large bleeding welt where it hit. My brother got a pretty bad one on his arm and it is still there from last night. My and my bro didn't have the best artillary. We had machine guns which aren't nearly as painful as the pistols. But we could unload on them and they'd be begging for mercy in no time. So it was pretty fair.
So now we are looking forward to another airsoft war in the near future, probably not anytime in this month though because me and my brother had to be home by 11:30 because our mom wasn't feeling to great. Sorry mom but atleast we made it back on time! =D So I guess not in the near future but oh well.
Next year, I will make sure to have the annual airsoft war and I'll probably have a sniper by then. Or some crazy gun that can shoot long distances. Last night that was our main setback, is that we couldn't shoot halfway across the park. Except the pistols. Those are considered snipers when it comes to airsoft. So I'll just have to get 2 of them and just unload on them. We'll probably set up tents and stuff too though to we can have little bunkers all across the park. I also had a little laser pointer I attached to my gun so that would be pretty cool to scare people with. We could play Capture the Flag with our flags inside the main tent and then have to navigate our way across the field without getting caught! And if you got hit you would have to go to jail. Except boundaries might be a bit hard to control. I really don't know if any of that would work out but it's fun to think about it haha.
I think one of the funniest things about how it started was that, I had a few friends over to watch a movie. Then after the movie we went outside to play some catch, because we had no idea what else to do. And then my friend Dillon, threw the football into the pool and splashed some of the girls, so then they hid behind me and my friend Spencer. Then Dillon got us wet with the ball so I got the hose out and soaked Dillon. He was finally too wet that it didn't matter so he came and took the hose and I sprinted through the garage, inside, and got my airsoft came out and started shooting him then i jumped in the pool cuz he was going to spray me with the hose anyway so i thought why not? All the time the girls were just like, "WHAT IS GOING ON?!?" And so they called their mom to pick them up, and I felt kinda bad but I'm a guy and got over it. I talked to her later that night anyway on my phone and she said she had fun. So I was good. No worries. But anyway back to how it started. Dillon decided he was too worn out and went home too, so me and Spencer called some people and started the war.
If anyone has ever seen the movie the Sasquatch Gang... That's how I felt the night went. And if you haven't seen that movie. It's hilarious and you should rent it. It was made by the same people who made Napolean Dynamite so be prepared for some stupidity. But otherwise it's an awesome show. I think it's rated PG-13 but I'm not sure why. There's no swearing in it. No scenes that would make it seem PG-13. I don't know but they rated it that so nothing I can do about it.
If your ward's youth haven't started an annual airsoft fight tradition, well maybe it's a good thing they haven't maybe not, but I enjoyed it!
Cuddling an 18 Year Old
11 years ago
1 comment:
When I saw that welt bleeding on the side of your face I thought, "My kids are crazy!" I'm glad you had fun. Just promise me you will always always always wear goggles when you are having airsoft wars!
Post a Comment